Are you trying to get information on the best sunglasses for tennis? If you are, then this article will answer this question at length. While playing tennis involves swings, smashes, and clears, it also makes a player twist the neck and look up. When this happens, the eyes meet the sun. Again, dust from the gaming may rise to the eye level. So, you need the best tennis sunglasses to help you stay protected.
This guide will ensure that your selection happens easily and fast. The post brings to your attention a good number of high-rated sunglasses that you can don before you stay playing. Others are a little expensive, but most of them are budget-friendly. Now, it is time to see what’s in store.
The Sunglasses Themselves
1. The Hulislem S1 Sport – Polarized Sunglasses
This is a very affordable (not more than $20) pair of sunglasses that you should have bought yesterday. The most first-class thing about them is the lenses they come with – polarized and approved by the FDA. The Hulislem comes in eight colors and styles for you to choose from. Its frame is made of polycarbonate, meaning that they are both durable and lightweight. So, you won’t have any anxiety or apprehension about the pair breaking after using it once. The lightness of the glasses means that your facial muscles won’t be worn out as you make shifts in the court.
Here is what the glasses’ polarized lenses offer: 100% blue light protection, UVC, UVB, UVA. They are also high definition lenses, meaning that your vision on the court will be very clear. In the polarization business of the glasses, the makers have included a coating of iridium lenses. This helps in the elimination of the glare, which is present in other types of sunglass lenses.
- It is quite affordable, and the price is a steal considering all the unique features
- There are eight colors or designs to choose from
- 100% blue light protection, UVC, UVB, UVA
- The lenses are HD (High Definition)
- The entire design is only for athletes (athletic design)
- When the conditions are cloudy, the lenses tend to be dark
2. The Nike Sunglasses (Trainer)
When it comes to a tennis game, Nike is not very involved. It makes racquets, but it includes sunglasses that are of high quality. These glasses by this reputable gear institution give you a very sporty look. Looking at all the other glasses listed here, I can say that they are the best athletic sunglasses and are the most budget-friendly.
The frames of these Nike glasses are made of durable plastic and are very lightweight. You will find that they wrap around your face and eye area fittingly. You can change the lenses, but you will need to buy replacements as they are sold separately. The Nike Trainer Sunglasses offer a user 100% protection from UV rays. To ensure that the glasses are kept in place during the entire wearing time, they come with a ventilated pad (nose) and flexible arms (temple). The glasses are fitted with the MAX Optics lenses, which are resistant to shattering. Also, those special lenses have enhanced clarity, giving you an excellent vision of the ball.
- They are friendly to the pocket
- The ventilated pad and flexible arms help the item to stick firm
- You can replace its lenses
- The MAX Optics technology used on the lenses improves clarity and vision
- With these glasses, you get 100% protection from UV rays
- The design is quite sporty, and so, you cannot use them elsewhere apart from the court
3. The Bolle – Bolt Sunglasses
These glasses are the best in terms of affordability, look, and design. If you didn’t know, Bolle is among the many leading makers of sunglasses for athletes. They have specialized in the game of tennis, and they are also into other jobs.
The one remarkable thing about Bolle is that they bring together various groundbreaking technologies and developments to the glasses they develop. For example, the lenses of this particular Bolt model come with a water repellent outer layer. So, drops of water can run off these specific lenses, but they will not attach. Also, they come with a coating to take care of all the anti-fog business. So the lenses rarely fog over. On top of the coating being anti-fog, it is also anti-scratch.
The last aspect of the glasses that deserves mention is the multiple pieces of Thermogrip, which is a unique technology employed by Bolle. Of the many areas, there are three (of the sunglass’ frame) which take up this technology: the nose pad, the adjustable nose piece, and the temple tips. If you mix the sunglasses with sweat or water, these three pieces of Thermogrip will go into active mode and have more grip.
- You get 100% protection from UV light
- The coating in the lenses is resistant to scratches and is also anti-fog
- The frames are made of nylon material
- The nose pads are entirely adjustable
- Bole employs the three pieces of the Thermogrip tech
- It is not a cool item to use when you are off the court since it has a sporty, athletic design
4. The Oakley for Men – The Half Jacket Kind of Sunglasses 2.0
If you are seeking the best sunglasses for tennis, Oakley is an excellent place to start. These glasses have various remarkable features, and that is why they are listed here.
Let us pay attention to these glasses’ frames, which are made of a flexible form of polycarbonate. They are quite durable, thanks to the O-Matter frame design. The frames made by the O-Matter design are resistant to stress because the manufacturers use thermoplastic that is injection molded.
The frames are not only flexible and durable, but they also provide longevity. So, they will not mind going through years and years of physical endurance. The same frames also have nose pads and ear socks to increase gripping when the game intensifies, and sweat starts dripping.
The lenses that come with this pair of sunglasses offer 100% protection for UVC, UVB, and UVA rays. They also include an HDO design (patented optics that are high definition). These give you impressive and impeccable clarity no matter the angle you look.
- The lenses can be interchanged
- You can get them as non-polarized or polarized
- The O-Matter design is light and robust, making the frame very accommodative
- The HO optics make all the vision from all angles impeccably clear
- Because they have a very high athletic design, you can only use them to play sports
5. The Bolle Lightshifter – Sunglasses
Bolle makes an appearance yet again, meaning that they are a reputable brand that delivers excellent products. These specific glasses come with a white frame and have a goggle-style and old school design. The thing that puts these specific products aside is the lenses, which are of the photochromic phantom court type. The makers of these lenses wanted them to have enhanced contrast and improved clarity. This means that it is easy to see the tennis ball when you don these glasses. The other impressive thing about the same lenses is that they are adjustable, meaning you can get the prescription lenses fitted.
The glasses are water-repellent, have 100% protection from UV rays, and their coating comes with an anti-scratch feature. Also, the nose piece included can be adjusted. While this Bolle Lightshifter one of the most expensive out there in the market, it will serve well the people looking for a high-end product.
- The sunglasses’ lenses are made specifically for tennis, so you will get to see the ball due to the high contrast feature
- The nosepiece included can be adjusted
- The manufacturer uses the Thermagrip tech, meaning that the glasses will stay in position
- The lenses can be interchanged, and you can get prescription ones
- The design is classically impressive
- You get 100% protection from UV rays
- Out in the market, it is only in a single color
6. The Under Armour – Men’s Core 2.0 – Sunglasses
If you’re a sucker for sports equipment, you know that this brand is a very popular one. They make some of the best sunglasses, and this is your chance to know about one of them.
These Core 2.0 sunglasses come with an athletic design. They feature two technologies by Under Armour: ArmourSight lenses and ArmourFusion frame. When making the frame, the brand combines Grilamid and Titanium to ensure that the glasses are durable, flexible, and lightweight. On the other hand, the lenses come patented, meaning that users get 20% more in items of peripheral vision. This is like the strength of about ten times more than all the other lenses made of polycarbonate.
You can adjust the sunglasses so that they fit the shape of your head. The adjustment is made possible by the nose and temple pads. Under Armour includes airflow technology with these sunglasses, meaning that you will stay ventilated every minute you put them on.
The one feature that is perhaps the most outstanding is the cap-gripper features that the sunglasses come with. As the name suggests, the sunglasses can grip the cap when you are wearing it. The glasses try as much as hard to stay on the cap, meaning that you don’t need straps to fix the items on your neck. With this awe-inspiring feature, you can put the glasses facing upwards on your cap and rest east as they will stay in place.
- A combination of Grilamid and titanium toughens the frame
- The lenses give you impressive peripheral vision
- The makers use airflow technology
- It comes with cap-gripping capabilities
- The glasses include adjustable temples and nose pads
- The design does not accommodate off-court use
7. The Tifosi – Jet Sunglasses
Are you looking for something that will cost you under $30? If yes, this is where you need to stop and focus. These glasses are made of polycarbonate, and they have been created to be shatterproof. Also, they are made of nylon so that they stay durable and lightweight at the same time. The nose pieces that come with the sunglasses are waterproof and soft. This means that no matter how sweaty or watered they get, they will still grip your face.
When you go and purchase a pair of these glasses, you will get a protective case that keeps them protected while they are in the tennis bag. Getting these sunglasses for that price is quite a steal, and Tilosi delivers immensely with this product.
- These are not cheap but pocket-friendly items
- They come with a simple athletic design
- The glasses are both durable and lightweight
- They come with a protective case
- You get 100% protection from UVB and UVA
- The design is limited to the athletic context
8. The Oakley Women’s – Unstoppable Rectangular Glasses
This product from Oakley is meant to attract a female audience. This pair of glasses is practically useful and stylish, and women will love that it comes in various colors. The reason why these glasses are known as unstoppable is that they are not bound to any context. Women can wear them during sports, style, and leisure time without having anything to worry about. You can apply them in any life context, and they will fit in just nicely.
You can either get the lenses unpolarized or polarized, and the glasses come in different lens colors and frames.
- You can use this pair in multiple contexts
- They have an athletic build, meaning that they stay in position when being worn
- You have several colors of choice
- The items come with a carrying, protective case
- Both non-polarized and polarized lenses are available
- They are quite costly
9. The Bolle – Python Sunglasses
In your search for the best sunglasses for tennis, are you looking for affordability and style? If the answer is yes, these are glasses that you should consider taking up. They are made of a durable kind of plastic, but that’s not the only thing. The frames (made of plastic, too) have anti-slip temples and an anti-slip nose piece. On top of that, the sunglasses come with lenses made of polycarbonate and that are polarized. The same lenses have coatings that are resistant to scratches and help to prevent fogging. Bolle provides these sunglasses in three colors.
Let’s talk about the lenses of these sunglasses. The design allows them only to transmit about fourteen percent of visible light. This is a perfect thing for users as the sunglasses will have excellent vision when the days are sunny.
Perhaps the most astonishing thing about these glasses is their design, which is both stylish and universal. Like the previous one by Oakley, you can wear these Python sunglasses to any occasion or event.
- The manufacturers employ Thermogrip technology
- The lenses are resistant to any form of scratching
- They come in three distinct styles and colors
- The lenses are made of nylon, meaning that they are flexible, durable, and lightweight
- They will not give you good vision when the days are cloudy
10. The Under Armour Oval Unisex Sunglasses (Igniter)
If there is a pair of glasses that is hard to beat, then it is this one. Women and men who love the beautiful game of tennis will like the variety of colors and the sporty design of these glasses.
Under Armour spends time and energy looking at creating sunglasses that are light and durable at the same time. That is what you will feel when you encounter the frames of this pair of glasses. ArmourFusion technology combines titanium, polycarbonate, and Grilamid to create the structure.
The temples and nose pads that come with the frame have a rubber design. This ensures that they don’t slip. The sunglasses will stay in place and will not falter or wobble as your performance on the court intensifies.
The technology that backs up the lenses is ArmourSight, meaning that the lenses are optically clear. Another thing about the lenses is that they are resistant to impact. They also provide 100% UVC, UVB, and UVA protection.
- The design of the glasses is for both women and men
- The ArmourFusion design ensures that the glasses are both lightweight and durable
- The glasses’ lenses are polarized
- You get 100% UVC, UVB, and UVA protection
- Since the design of the glasses is athletic, you cannot use them in other areas
The Factor Considered
Knowing what you need is a very crucial thing. As you already know, the game of tennis is a fast-paced one. So, you will need sunglasses that are firm, tough, and won’t fall. Also, you will need them to be comfortable and fit perfectly. To make this picking business an easy one, here are some of the variables that you should look at when getting the best sunglasses for tennis.
How Resistant is it to Scratches?
The pair of sunglasses you choose should have lenses that are resistant to scratches. When you use a pair of glasses regularly, you are likely to get them scratched. Sometimes, swinging the racket may get some debris flying up and around, and these may probably scratch the lenses. When that happens, your vision will become distorted, meaning that your performance will be affected. When days are bright, the lenses’ anti-scratch properties will ensure your vision does not get obstructed.
Do the frames of the sunglasses have a firm hold?
You surely do not want your sunglasses to slide or fly off, especially when a game has intensified. So, the pair of sunglasses that you get should ensure that that does not happen at all. The grip should be firm, and the glasses’ frames should hold onto your head without falling off.
In that connection, you should be on the lookout for a pair of glasses whose temples are made of rubber or some other related material. Also, the nose pieces should be hydrophilic, and that property will help the frames to stay in place even when moisture builds up around the glasses.
If you want more grip and firmness, you can get sunglasses that have laces. But those are probably going to be overwhelming to your head area.
What is the color of the lenses?
Most sunglasses come with tinted lenses, which is something that influences how the tennis player sees the game. The best tint that should be on glasses is the green one. This green type of tint helps in the reduction of glare. Also, it helps in filtering blue light, improving vision, and getting eye strain reduced. Also, the green tinting offers you incredible detail and contrast.
If you can, therefore, ensure that the glasses you get have green tinting. However, you shouldn’t approach the issue with a close mind. You can try other tint color options, and they will give you good results, such as brown, yellow, and red.
Does it offer protection from UV rays?
UV protection is not only crucial with your skin but also with your eyes. To prevent your eyes from suffering any effect of UV rays, get a pair of sunglasses that do the business 100%. While many sunglasses offer that kind of protection, it is best to check if the detail is present in the pair you choose.
The Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why are polarized lenses excellent for the game of tennis?
During sunny times, the glare of the sun is usually immense. Polarized sunglasses will help in counteracting the immenseness of the glare. If you’re gaming at night or during a time with little light, it would be best if you use non-polarized lenses. These types of lenses ensure that all the horizontal kind of wavelengths are filtered out.
2. If I got polarized sunglasses, which color would be best for them?
For optimum transmission of light, yellow is the best for any lens that is polarized. In low conditions, the color will help to improve the level of contrast. Also, the polarized lenses will help in filtering out the blue light. Lenses that are yellow should be used indoors, on hazy days, and especially at night.
3. Is it okay to wear sunglasses during a game of tennis?
Many people out there have visions that are blurred, but that does not stop them from playing. This is because some sunglasses can be fitted with prescription lenses, and thus, the person can play the game. If you have it in your mind that blurred-vision people can’t play tennis, think again.